Re: WG Last Call draft-ietf-sming-reqs-04.txt

Olivier> Plain wrong. Three ITU-T Recommendations can be downloaded
Olivier> per email address for free. See
Olivier> http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html#free

Not quite true. It says "ITU will allow the download of three (3)
Recommendations per person". Sure, the system is stupid and I can
fake email addresses to get more if I want to. But that does not
really make it free.

Olivier> If some people involved in SMIng are interested to have a
Olivier> draft copy of the new 2002 edition of the ASN.1 standards,
Olivier> they can email me.

Does not help in this case.

>> and (b) which is itself hard to read and understand.

Olivier> FYI there are (up-to-date) books that you can freely download
Olivier> from http://www.oss.com/asn1/booksintro.html

Olivier> Also we are working on the a new edition of the ASN.1
Olivier> standards: if there are areas that are not clear to you,
Olivier> please point to them and we'll improve the text.

All great news, but the SMI is based on old ASN.1 stuff not readily
available.

/js