Re: #54 error tolerance

Hi!

David Harrington writes:

David> I think the reality of the situation is that developers write few mibs,
David> but write much C code. There are few developers who understand mib
David> syntax, and I don't expect to see that improve even if we use a
David> non-ASN.1 langauge, and parsers are classified as non-compliant. I won't
David> oppose this suggestion, but I doubt it will solve the problem.

Added this and that:

      Frank: If parsers are (available and) forced to be verbatim
      about errors then MIB authors have simple tools to validate
      their modules. C programs are correct because they must be
      compiled to be useful and because C compilers are strict.  I
      agree, that many people are not really familiar with MIB syntax
      because they write much less MIB modules than C (or other) code.
      And I agree that a non-ASN.1 looking syntax would not help
      significantly.

 -frank