AW: [Geopriv] RE: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

hi bernard,

please find a comment below:

> > Are you sure? The Location-Information attribute includes a field
> > called "Entity", described as follows
> >
> >    Entity (8 bits):
> >      Describes which location this attribute refers to:
> >      (0) describes the location of the user's client device
> >      (1) describes the location of the AAA client
> >
> > It looks like NAS could use this field to describe which location
> > it's sending, or send two Location-Information attributes if it
> > knows both.
>
> But the NAS isn't sending location by default.  So how does
> the RADIUS
> server that requires a given kind of location indicate what
> it needs? Keep
> in mind that if the RADIUS server REQUIRES location then it
> may need to
> send an Access-Reject.
we tried to respect the fact that people indicated that there might be a
scenario where the nas does not know the location of the end host. if
this is the case then the nas can only send its own location
information. if it can include the location information of the end host
(in case it is known) then the more precise info is sent.

you seem to suggest that we add functionality to allow the radius server
to request what information (end host vs. nas) it would like to see. we
haven't yet heard this requirement and hence we haven't added it.

ciao
hannes