Re: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

"Avi Lior" <avi@bridgewatersystems.com> wrote:
> There is a difference because unexptected seems to tie the Challenge to
> the authentication method which is not true.

  PAP & CHAP don't currently use Access-Challenge, which is why I used
the term "unexpected".  The same NAS may support Access-Challenge for one authentication protocol, but not another.

  But "unsupported" is the more correct term.

> My understanding is a Challenge is an indication that the Server
> requires more information.

  Yes.  That makes it the ideal place to put capabilities exchange.