RE: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

Hi Bernard,

Bernard wrote:

> Based on this discussion, I think it is even simpler than I
> had thought -- Access-Challenge, Error-Cause and a "send
> location" attribute appear to solve the problem with no need
> for any capability advertisements.

I still think you are missing something.  I still need to know whether
the capability is supported.  It may impact my policy decision.  I may
have a policy that allows certain services to be provided only if
location is provided.  Knowing that a NAS cant support location allows
me to send an Accept with only those services that do not require
location information to be provided.

And blindly requesting for location information (as you propose) I run
the risk of having a rejection by getting to a NAS that does not support
Challenge in the first place.