RE: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

Hi Alan,

Just one nit.  You said:

>   For non-location-aware NASes, the RFC's already require
> implementations to treat unexpected Access-Challenges as
> Access-Rejects, so this idea would appear to be fail-safe there, too.

It not unexpected Access-Challenges but rather unsupported
Access-Challenge.

Section 4.4 of RFC 2865 states:

"     If the NAS does not support challenge/response, it MUST treat an
      Access-Challenge as though it had received an Access-Reject
      instead."

There is a difference because unexptected seems to tie the Challenge to
the authentication method which is not true.

My understanding is a Challenge is an indication that the Server
requires more information.

Yes.  The scenario in  Geopriv would imply that a NAS stating suppot for
Location is expected to receive a Challenge by a server requiring
location information.  But we can be more clear about this.