RE: Comments on draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt

Avi Lior writes...

> Regarding: not all RFCs are created equal...
> We have to be careful here.  This line of thinking is going to create
> havoc.

Havoc?  That sounds like an overstatement, IMHO.

RFCs are issued as Informational for several reasons.  Some of those
reasons are (a) the protocol is not considered sufficiently mature to be
considered as a Proposed Standard, (b) the protocol is vendor
proprietary or has a limited scope of applicability, and (c) the
internet-draft was not the product of any IETF working group, a
therefore has had more limited review.

I suspect that some of the RADIUS RFCs issued after the RADIUS WG closed
fall into the (c) category.  Some of them may also have fallen into the
(a) category, at least at the time of publication.

Glen is correct, however, in his statement.