RE: Comments on draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt

David,

I agree that not all RFCs are equal.   I wasn't disputing that.

But in practical terms, are you then saying that because 2869 is introducing
an attribute into Access-Reject it is violating 2865 which states:

"No other Attributes (except Proxy-State) are permitted in an
Access-Reject."

So no EAP-Message, no Message Authenticator introduced in 2869

Which then invalidates RFC 3579....

Which puts RADIUS EAP in the toilet.

If this is all true....why were we thinking when we wrote these documents.
Why would we work on documents that are clearly violating RADIUS?  Why would
the IESG approve such documents?

I would hope clearly that the above logic is flawed.  And if it is then lets
apply it equally and move on.

If the above logic is not flawed then....wow!!!

Avi