Re: Comments on draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt

Hi Mark,

I think that adding some history or context to the note, as you suggest below,
would be useful in any case.

--Jari

W. Mark Townsley wrote:

Perhaps including text that the document was not adequately reviewed in a timely manner by the IETF before deployment would help displace the author blame/punishment that Jari is concerned about? Then, could we use the harsher language?

I'm afraid that if we stick to the more light/diplomatic speak the message we are trying to convey will be lost in the numbers and indirection. That is, the uninformed reader (which is the one we are targeting with this note) might not realize that something along the lines of "is not consistent with RFC XXXX" is anything they should be worried about or not. Such a statement really only speaks in any obvious way to those who (1) know what RFC XXXX is, and (2) that being inconsistent with it is something that the IETF is concerned about.