RE: QoS attributes

Well I disagree....

The example you use is perfect.  Frequent flyers programs a mile is a mile
is a mile.  But when you claim your ticket although they all measure a mile
to be the same distance, one airline offers an economy ticket for 30,000
miles to europe another offers 40,000 miles.

It's the same for bandwidth.  They will all measure the bandwidth the same,
but a Gold user at one company will probably get more bandwidth then a gold
user in another company.

Although they belong to the same consortium they still compete and
differentiate themselves whereever and whenever they can -- and as Martha
would say, "this is a good thing".

The IETF should support protocols that will enable businesses to compete and
not prevent businesses from competing.