RE: QoS attributes

Avi writes...

> Do you actually believe that operators will come to a common agreement
> about what is a Gold profile?

I believe that operators that have a roaming agreement (i.e. part of the
same consortium) would do so.  I liken this to the "partnerships" that
the airlines have forged.  My frequent flyer miles accumulate whenever I
fly any of the partners, and they honor each other frequent flyer status
levels, etc.

Competitors would not easily come to agreement, but then competitors may
not want to allow transparent roaming across each others infrastructure,
so that point seems somewhat moot.

> Doesn't the very essence of competition require that they would have a
> disagreement about what a Gold Profile is?

Yes, but it's not the competitors I'm addressing (see above).

-- Dave