Re: Agenda for NETCONF WG session at IETF #71

Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Muenich) wrote:

Dear NETCONF WG,

below is an update for the agenda of the NETCONF WG session
at the IETF #71.

Our main focus in the session will be on open issue discussion.
Please let us know before hand about your implementation.
Please let us also know whether you have a concrete topic for
the open mic session.

I have some running NETCONF code and a topic for the meeting,
not that the 2 are related in any way...

The WG agreed that the NETCONF Notifications work
was not finished, and some standard notification content
would really make the notification delivery features
more relevant to our standardization efforts.

Yet nothing has been done.
What about a config-change event?
When will any standard events for the NETCONF stream be defined?

We still need volunteers as scribe and minute taker. As you
know the session will not start before we have them ;-).

Bert & Mehmet

Andy

NETCONF WG
IETF 71, Philadelphia, PA, USA

MONDAY, March 10, 2008 1740-1950

  Scribes (needs to be organized before the session),
  Agenda bashing (2 minutes)

  Use of mailing lists,
  WG status review (10 minutes)

  Current charter items:

    1. NETCONF over TLS (20 minutes)

       draft-ietf-netconf-tls-01.txt

    2. Fine-grained locking (20 minutes)

       draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-00.txt

    3. Netconf monitoring (20 minutes)

       draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-00.txt

  Discussion on ongoing implementations (10 minutes)

      Who is implementing what?
      Should we plan an interop-event for testing of
      RFC 4141-4144 to get them to DS?

  AOB

  Open mike

      One hot topic is e.g. the NETCONF-related requirements on DML.
      Any other hot topics to discuss?

Note (this is not part of the agenda):
We are not going to discuss solutions in open mic slot.
This is just because we have some time and want to give
you the opportunity to sort out the NETCONF-related
requirements as a preparation for the Canmod BoF.