RE: NetConf should fully exploit BEEP's rich features

HI,

At the interim meeting of the NETCONF working group, one of the
presentations showed the overhead of the soap wrappers. Before the
presentation, I had been under the impression that the soap wrappers
were excessive and that using soap would affect the NETCONF content.
However, the presentation showed a very limited amount of overhead,
and changed my mind about using soap. That is, if using the soap
wrappers allowed usage of existing tools, and this made it easier
to create management applications, then the benefit would far
out weigh the trivial cost of the soap wrappers.

Regards,
/david t. perkins