RE: NetConf should fully exploit BEEP's rich features

Eliot answers:

> Eamon O'Tuathail wrote:
> > Draft-ietf-netconf-prot-00 in "Section 2: Transport Protocol Requirements"
> > uses the term "transport" - why?
> > Is the binding beneath NetConf merely providing a service of transporting of
> > octets, or more? It is obviously providing extra services such as  message
> > framing, connection setup semantics, authentication, error handling, etc.,
> > hence it should be called an application protocol.
> >
> > Proposal: Change this section's title to: "Section 2: Application Protocol
> > Requirements", and where ever references are made to "transport protocol"
> > elsewhere in the documents, change these to "application protocol".
>
> I agree with this change, and there's every indication based on a note
> from the RFC Editor earlier in the year to the IETF that he would not
> let the document through without this change (the word "transport" is
> one of his nits).

A few remarks:
- can you send (or point me to) the RFC-Editor note about that?
- pls realize that we talk about "transport" in our WG charter as well.
- Maybe it should be: Application Requirements on the Transport Protocol

In any event, the doc talks a lot about pure thansport issues, does it not?

Bert