Re: NetConf should fully exploit BEEP's rich features

Hi!

>I think you missed an important point that Eliot made in
>a previous email.  We want to be as transport-independent
>as possible.  We want to be able to modularize an
>implementation so that the protocol message handling code
>will continue to work, even if the underlying transport
>protocol changes.  Maintaining a consistent XML syntax
>across different transports is required to achieve this goal.

I agree with your statement.

However, I'm concerned about too many transport options leading to
limited interoperability.  Plus, when there are too many options,
folks have to resort to implementor's agreements which also greatly
troubles me.

Bobby