RE: Separation of protocol and information model

> IMO it would be a mistake to push protocol operations into
> the data model.  We did this in SNMP (e.g. RowStatus and
> StorageType) and it didn't work out too well.

What is exact the problem with SNMP?  If it is the problem of RowStatus and
StorageType, then why throw out the other good part of SNMP like separation
of protocol operation and data model?  Like old proverb said, don't throw
baby out with dirty water.

--

Weijing Chen