Re: Doubt about <kill-session> operation

At 07:13 AM 6/30/2003, Tiago Fioreze wrote:

>        Hi!
>
>        I have been reading the draft-enns-xmlconf-spec-00, and I have a doubt about
>the <kill-session> operation. I understood that this operation has a
>parameter called 'session-id' to indicate what session ID will be terminated.
>I saw that the <rpc> operation has a optional attribute called 'id'.
>       My doubt: If the 'id' attribute isn't defined in the <rpc> operation,
>how could the <kill-session> operation force the termination of this session?

The <id> is for the RPC ID, not the session ID.
The <session-id> is available in the xmlconf-state schema
in section 10.

E.g., users barney and fred are logged in,
and user barney retrieves the xmlconf-state info to find
out who else is logged in, and who has the lock on the
<running> config.  Barney can then decide to issue a
<kill-session> on session '2'.

   <xmlconf-state>
     <capabilities>
     </capabilities>
     <sessions>
       <my-session-id>1</my-session-id>
       <session>
         <session-id>1</session-id>
         <username>barney</username>
         <login-time> ... </login-time>
       </session>
       <session>
         <session-id>2</session-id>
         <username>fred</username>
         <login-time> ... </login-time>
       </session>
     </sessions>
     <configs>
       <config>
         <config-name>
            <running/>
         </config-name>
         <lock-state>locked</lock-state>
         <locked-by>2</locked-by>
       </config>
     </configs>
   </xmlconf-state>

I agree with Phil that the <locked-by> element should be
returned in the rpc-reply for a <lock> attempt that fails
because the lock is already held.

BTW, the xmlconf-state schema in draft -00 is very preliminary.

>        Thanks in advance,
>
>        Tiago Fioreze

Andy