Re: Doubt about <kill-session> operation

Tiago Fioreze writes:
>       My doubt: If the 'id' attribute isn't defined in the <rpc> operation,
>how could the <kill-session> operation force the termination of this session?

My hope (though not yet in the draft) is that any failing lock
response will contain (opaquely) the input parameters to <kill-session>.
For example:

  <rpc id="1">
    <lock-config/>
  </rpc>

  <rpc-reply id="1">
    <rpc-error>lock failed; exclusive lock already held by 'phil'</rpc-error>
    <session>
      <user>phil</user>
      <pid>5123</pid>
      <tty>p5</tty>
    </session>
  </rpc-reply>

  <rpc id="2">
    <kill-session>
      <session>
        <user>phil</user>
        <pid>5123</pid>
        <tty>p5</tty>
      </session>
    </kill-session>
  </rpc>

  <rpc-reply id="2">
    <okay/>
  </rpc-reply>

(working from memory, so please excuse any manglement)

So the <rpc-reply> for the failed <lock-config> rpc will contain
sufficient information for the application to insert into the
kill-session rpc.

Thanks,
 Phil