Re: Is beep really what operators would want?

Juergen> In good old SNMP days, there were several SNMP extensions for
Juergen> various well known scripting languages with the idea that
Juergen> people do not have to know human unfriendly things such BER
Juergen> encodings or OIDs. Still, operators told us that they do not
Juergen> trust these tools and want to be able to read and understand
Juergen> the messages if things do not work as expected.

zigactly.  I'm not sure the gain has been made that the operators have
been hoping for.

So far this past week we've discussed the notion of encoding xml over
ASN.1 and requiring specialized tools for doing the communication. Heh.