netconf and SNMP evolution?

Hi!

I've read through the charter and am just joining the list/group and
am now starting to pour over the netconf draft(s).

Has this group formalized any kind of relationship to work on SNMP
evolution?

What caught my eye was the notion of using the XML conf stuff to send
"async notifications".  With a tad more generalization, one could more
explicitly make this work be suitable for configuration data and
management data (e.g. performance, status, etc.).

Presumably, with the overlap (e.g. Dave, Andy, Bert) in membership
between this work and the SNMP community, one would think this
accomplishable.

Bobby