Re: Dynamic vs Static and Automated vs Interactive

"Hunkins, Andrew" writes:
>So I view the CLI script author as a temporary customer...

Assuming they buy your application ;^)

>skilled individual who should be doing something more productive than
>debugging scripts.

Many ISPs have tools in place where (cost of moving tools to netconf) <
(cost of new applications) so the CLI script author is not likely to
go away.

>Some of the xmlconf model assumes a human user
>filling in forms, needing a certain type of feedback, etc.

I don't see this assumption. If you are thinking of the progress
indications, there's no limitation that this information be passed
directly to a human. The application could record it in a status
table so one can see how the magic upgrade-my-entire-network
application is progressing.

>Are we willing to further define the xmlconf client app communication as
>non-human-interactive?

No. We _like_ script writers.

Thanks,
 Phil