Re: Thoughts on NetConf Requirements

Hi -

Ironically, back when ISO and ITU-T were actively working on OSI
management, we found that the FCAPS distinction was not terribly
helpful in protocol design decisions, and that many objects and
attributes were of interest to multiple areas.  I think FCAPS helps
one think about product opportunities, and potential use cases for
bits of information, but am wary of using it to partition protocol or
object functions.

Randy