RE: Thoughts on NetConf Requirements

Okay, that helps.

I've always taken a strict view of the OSI management areas, FCAPS:
Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security.  The xmlconf
and netconf led me to believe that the group was going to tackle a
common interface for Configuration.  Much needed!

I know people complain about SNMP, but there are so many efforts to
improve it.  I did not think this was one of them.

Any interest in applying it to configuration and leaving SNMP to support
fault and performance?

-Andrew