Re: Thoughts on NetConf Requirements

Hi -

Such programmability is tied to the choice of an information model,
at least for defining how one sets up schedules and rules, and how
one names the objects to be manipulated.  The snmpconf and disman
WGs have covered some of this functionality for SNMP.

However,
I haven't seen any substantive discussion on either WG's mailing
list of the prospects for doing netconf-supportive work.  As disman
WG chair, I'd welcome such a discussion, but am not trying to
stake any "turf" here, and am open-minded regarding the question
of what existing (or new) WG might be an appropriate forum
for actually doing such work.

Randy