RE: netconf relationship to epp

> The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (<draft-ietf-provreg-epp-09.txt>
> and associated documents) was just approved as Proposed Standard. Is
> someone on this list familiar with EPP and can he/she explain to what
> extend EPP overlaps with netconf charter items and the proposal under
> consideration by netconf?

Randy noted that there are EPP object mappings (domain name, host name, and
personal/organizational contact information) that probably aren't of
interest to netconf, except maybe as examples of what an EPP object is all
about.  The core protocol framework document and the TCP transport document
might be of interest if there's a desire to create, maintain, and access
information represented in XML.

Disclaimer: I wrote the original EPP drafts and was the document editor for
the documents as they were adopted by the provreg WG.

-Scott-