RE: do we need filtering or some such

Multi-vendor management applications is inherent complex regardless the
interface protocol as long as there are multi vendors.  And regarding
protocol, we have two issues at hands here: 1) How do we specify the target
of an operation? Outer most level (global) or inner most level (local, or
operation as attribute)? 2) Do we want the same name for the same operation
as long as semantic is the same? "create" is "create", "modify" is "modify",
not "set", etc.  For 2), we should do it.  For 1), my preference is local.

--

Weijing Chen

SBC Laboratories, Inc.

9505 Arboretum Blvd.