> >              <users>
> >                <type>admin</type>
> > ****           <username/>
> >              </users>
> >            </config>
> >            <format>xml</format>
> >          </get-config>
> >        </rpc>
> >
> > for the attribue "username".  However, there is problem with this one:
> what
> > if there is another XML elements named "users" as in
> > "/running/acme/level1/users" besides "/running/users"?  What does this
> > "get-config" means? Which "users" is the "get-config" wants?
>
> You lost me here, why is this ambiguous? In other words, why would
> the above get-config return a users element from somewhere other
> in the configuration hierarchy than under /config? The target is
> rooted at the root of the configuration hierarchy, so I don't believe
> there's any ambiguity in this case.

Do we have configuration hiearachy to distinguish "/config/users" and
"/config/somewhere/users"?  If not, then we have an ambiguity.  If yes, then
besides "user" with type "admin" under "/config/users", do we also get other
elements possible under "/config"?  Another ambiguity. (Also see Larry's
ospf and md5 example in other thread.)

In other words, what is the patten matching rule for intended operation if
operation is defined in outmost level?  My argument is that if operation is
defined in the innermost level, then pattern matching rule will be no
ambiguity yet simple.

--

Weijing Chen

SBC Laboratories, Inc.