Re: Separation of configuration and control - good or bad?

Larry Menten wrote:
With a transaction representation that allows the target of the operation
to be named explicitly, offers an delete and add operation with an error
return if the target does not exist, and the ability to group sub-transactions
into an atomic operation, locking becomes optional for many management tasks.
You do an excellent job of qualifying your statements. First, it certainly doesn't cover the ground for every task, such as change of IP address or the modification of an access-list. But this was a question we deferred until we had some notion of a meta-data model.

Eliot