Re: netconf WG charter proposal

Hi -

The job of security administrator just got a lot scarier.  A
consequence of system-specific naming would be that
non-trivial access control policies would have to be built
system by system.  This is just one example.  Notification
filtering, logging, etc. will have similar challenges.  (If the
answer is to continue to use SNMP for those, then we're
still faced with the mapping problem.  If  we abandon SNMP
in favor of an XML-based mechanism for these, then we
need to ensure that we have *standardized* filter and log
management capabilities.

Randy