From: RJ Atkinson [mailto:rja@extremenetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 7:45 AM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Cc: xmlconf@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Goals for netconf - moving towards the charter description

On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 10:27 America/Montreal, Romascanu, Dan
(Dan) wrote:
> That's pretty simple indeed. Can we agree that according to this
> definition netconf (and actually all ietf work) deals only with
> 'IP-centric devices'?
>
> Dan

Obviously I would quite happily agree that NetConf deals only with
devices that have an IP stack.  Not sure about the broader crowd here.

:-)

I'm not sure that "all IETF work" is limited identically.  I
(erroneously ?) thought that "SNMP over (not IP)" was also
specified in IETF documents and maybe even developed by the
IETF SNMP WG(s)  [where "(not IP)" might for example be IPX
or raw Ethernet].

Ran