Re: Goals for netconf - moving towards the charter description

On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 13:11 America/Montreal, Faye Ly wrote:
it becomes
quite expensive to have three management channels supporting IP only
configuration data?
I'm not sure where the number "three" comes from.

I'm quite sure that there will always be many different
management channels for many kinds of devices.  In the
event some vendor added support for the proposal on the
table, I seriously doubt that the vendor would remove
support for any existing management channels to their
equipment.  So I don't think we're getting rid of anything
with this proposal on the table.

Maybe I'm confused.

Ran