Re: XMLCONF Proposal

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:
>I heard folks wondering why not use an existing RPC layer, which is
>different from adding another transport I would say.

The original picture is a bit simplistic, since XMLCONF-over-BEEP
(and XMLCONF-over-SOAP) uses the RPC mechanisms of the underlaying
protocol.

The XMLCONF RPC mechanism is really a shim that can be easily placed
on any RPC technology. It should allow future protocol mappings to any
of the mentioned RPCs.

The diagram needs refined to describe this accurately.

Thanks,
 Phil