RE: Perspective: XML's ticking time bomb

Just nitpicking... I guess
> Andrea,
>
> Thank you for the information.  I went to dmtf.org and checked out the
> CIM specification.  I am specifically looking for the following
> information:
>
> How do I provision a DSL subscriber?
> How do I diagnose a subscriber circuit problem identified by a
> subscriber id?
>
> No such luck!  Or maybe I was simply lost in the object model itself.

As I have stated before... I like OO concepts.

However,
I do not agree with the claim that OO will all of a sudden
solve the world problems. In the begiining all is nice and
clear and clean and people will re-use a lot.
After a few years (let alone many years) you end up in the
same mess of duplication and incompatible classes as you end
up with duplicate and incompatible functions or information
descriptions as you do today.

And trying to find your way in the forest of classes
that you can (potentially) inherit from....
Oh well... have fun.

Bert