Re: [idn] Re: back to the future

Let's be a bit careful about the use of the term "character". In the context of
character encoding, "!@#$%^&*,./?;:()'... <space> etc. are all characters. Perhaps
what is meant is "letter", or "character that can be part of a word". For example,
a hyphen is not a letter, but it can certainly form part of a word in English, as
in "re-educate" or "co-author".

As far as a "letter" that looks like the colon, there is the U+02D0 MODIFIER
LETTER TRIANGULAR COLON used to mark length in IPA.
(http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr24/charts/ScriptChart0.html, if you have
a Unicode font) Patrick can confirm, but I suspect in Swedish it is a regular old
colon.

Mark