[idn] Re: comments on draft-ietf-idn-brace-00.txt

James Seng <James@Seng.cc> wrote:

> My comments are scattered in the draft in [JS:]

Thanks.  I'll keep them in mind if there appears to be enough interest
in BRACE to warrant a revision.

>     ...defining a concating sequence. e.g. "X." as a concat so a long
>     domain names A can become BRACE1X.BRACE2 which is valid

Nice.  In the case of BRACE, which uses a signature suffix, there could
be two signature suffixes, one of which indicates a continuation.

>     If the upper bytes are all zero, and the string formed by the lower
>     bytes is a valid host name label and does not end with "-8Q9" or
>     "-8q9", output the low bytes and stop.
>
>     [JS: If all upper bytes are all zero, it is not sufficient to determine
>     it is a valid hostname. And it is inconsistent with your -> $1.00 <-
>     example.

My sentence above means "if (upper bytes all zero && valid label && not
end in -8Q9) then output low bytes and stop", so I am indeed requiring
a full check for a valid host name.  Perhaps it could be worded more
clearly.

>                 append two hyphens to the ASCII buffer
>                 [JS: I presumed you mean LDH buffer?]

Oops, yes.

>     [JS: Recommend to do a theorical comparison as follows:

Thanks!  :)

AMC