Re: [idn] scope of work

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> directory@apps.ietf.org?
>
> I think that if we conclude that the Right Way to solve the IDN problem is
> to use the DNS + some other functionality, that's an acceptable outcome for
> this group. But we seem committed to trying a pure DNS system first.

A directory system has various advantage over pure DNS solution. Or a
combination of DNS & directory. From various discussion I have at
IETF48, it appears there is at least 2-3 Directory (or Directory & DNS
hybrid) solution floating around. What we need is to capture these ideas
into I-D.

On the other hand, directory service has not demostrated the ability to
scale.

However, I believe it is the WG choice and consensus which is ultimately
most important. But we should explore all avenue to solve this IDN
problem.

-James Seng