Re: [idn] scope of work

At 21:37 16/08/2000 -0400, RJ Atkinson wrote:
>        However, this particular IETF Working Group is actually chartered
>to modify the existing DNS to handle Internationalised Domain Names,
>rather than devising a different directory system.  So I'd suggest
>that discussion of that other directory system be moved to a different
>mailing list.  If you tell me where that list lives, I'll happily
>join it.

directory@apps.ietf.org?

I think that if we conclude that the Right Way to solve the IDN problem is
to use the DNS + some other functionality, that's an acceptable outcome for
this group. But we seem committed to trying a pure DNS system first.

               Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94