Re: [idn] compatibility chars in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> At 08:13 16/08/2000 +1000, Frank Ernens wrote:
> >I believe that all characters specified by the Unicode
> >standard as compatibility characters should be prohibited.
>
> Specifying that compatibility characters MUST NOT be sent on the wire when
> supporting the "internationalized domain name" service, together with a
> recommendation that a client SHOULD fold compatibility characters presented
> to it at the application user interface is a self-consistent position.

Harald,

While I agree with you on that no codepoint should be prevented on the
wire, I think this thread is discussing nameprep I-D, not the
requirement I-D. For this, I agreed with Frank.

Things can get a bit confusing here right? :-)

-James Seng