Re: [idn] Adding "optional" characters in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep

At 13.31 -0700 00-08-14, A. Vine wrote:
>I don't think folding vowels/diacritics should be part of normalization,
>and therefore wouldn't make sense for UTR #15.  I see the definitions of
>normalization and canonicalization as:

I used the wrong term. Sorry.

My point was not that TR#15 do the case folding. I more tried to make
an example of what the IESG should do and what the Unicode Consortium
should do. We already have (one kind of) case folding defined in the
Unicode tables, and also normalization.

What we need to do is to put the pieces together, and still remember
that we do one thing, and Unicode people another.

As soon as we have (unknown) overlap, I start to get nervous.

    paf