Re: [idn] Adding "optional" characters in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep

Jonathan Rosenne wrote:
> 1. Not all fonts have them, there are other platforms, and CP1255 does not
> have all of the points.

Yes you are right. :-) ISO8859-8 only have the hebrew letters and CP1255
does not have the cantillation marks.

> 2. It says: "In the absence of more sophisticated behavior, for example
> tailored to the needs of a particular script or language".

This is my question. In other words, this is not a well-defined Hebrew
behavior which may be inconsistent across browser right? Maybe there are
some undocument rule on this for all hebrew browser?

If there is a doc which we can reference on this behavior, either from
W3C or Unicode, this would be great! If not, would be nice if someone
(hint hint) can document this down in an I-D etc.

-James Seng