Re: [idn] Registration Policies

At 08:27 23.05.2000 +0200, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>At 07.55 +0200 00-05-23, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>
>What I personally is most worried about is the "preregistration" which
>some registrars are doing regarding IDN, and promises to customers that
>whatever is registered now will be registered in whatever the standard
>MINC/IETF will come up with.

I think this preregistration will have the same kinds of properties as the
"preregistration" being done by registrars before new TLDs are opened: once
you read the fine print, all they promise is to do their best to get the
name once the final registration is open.
But you may have to read the fine print to see that.

                     Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no