Re: [idn] Registration Policies

At 07.55 +0200 00-05-23, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

What I personally is most worried about is the "preregistration"
which some registrars are doing regarding IDN, and promises to
customers that whatever is registered now will be registered in
whatever the standard MINC/IETF will come up with.

I can not see how that kind of promise can be published, given that
it is unclear how/if canonicalization and case folding is to be done
(or not).

So, as Harald states, lots of worries, plenty of talking...

If at least people could agree on those issues, so the semantics were
sorted out (but I guess that is the hard part of this game?).

   paf