Re: [idn] Proposed suggestions from Asia Pacific Top LevelDomain meeting

One comment :
On issue 6 : Do we want to consider non alphanumberic US-ASCII ?

Implementations of the DNS protocols must not place any restrictions
on the labels that can be used. That's the principle of RFC2181.
This constraint also push many encoding and multilingual systems
out from the specification.

My suggestion is : we disagree with the recommendation on issue 6.
I am concerned that the effect may be to enforce an ASCII base in
order to mandate UTF-5 by stealth.

Kenny Huang
huangk@alum.sinica.edu