[idn] Requirements: De-specifying Unicode

Paragraph 3 of section 2.2 says:

>In order to simplify the requirements, it is assumed that characters
>from the Unicode character set will be used for the protocol on the
>wire. The protocol may use multiple character sets if doing so meets
>all the other requirements in this document. However, this should
>not constrain which character set or sets an IDN implementation may
>use for its user interface, or for the storage of records in a master
>file.

While I personally agree with the first sentence, I don't think it is an
actual requirement. Some people have proposed multiple character sets with
character set tagging. I suggest we remove the first sentence in order to
allow more proposals.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium