Re: one-language solution

Dear all,

First of all, I agreed with Paul assesment of how different language/encodings
system will be horrible. It is the same reason why a MIME type approach is not
viable as I tried to explain again and again. But before we go into such
detail discussion of various possible implementation, lets stay on the
requirement doc.

I asked about one-language solutions because I know of many attempts to do a
localized DNS. Localized DNS in the sense that they make the DNS 8-bit cleans
and then used localized encoding in the zones. This is probably the simpliest
and most obvious solution but of course it has a *lot* of problems.

One of which is interoperability, ie how do we ensure a ISO-2022-JP DNS able
to interoperable with EUC-JP DNS, or GB DNS and BIG5 DNS. How do the zone file
match, how to get unified results etc.

-James Seng