Re: one-language solution

At 14:39 00/01/23 +0800, James Seng wrote:

> One solution for all language is always an ideal. But do we want to set this
> as an requirement? Why not be more flexible allowing different implementations
> for different language/charset?

As I have said, it's unclear how to guess the language of a
label printed on paper. Most scripts are used to write more
than one language. I wouldn't want to have a German DNS,
a French DNS, and a Japanese DNS. Which browser or resolver
would I use in my daily work? Can you please explain how
that could work?

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org