Re: The leftovers

At 04:31 PM 1/16/00 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>Since this is the requirements document, it's even wrong to leave it empty.
>A solution that adds new points of attack against the name->address and
>address->name mappings, where the protection that DNSSEC offers cannot be
>applied, is not an acceptable solution (I think); the security section
>should state that.

I agree. How about:

Any solution that meets the requirements in this document must not be less
secure than the current DNS. Specifically, the mapping of internationalized
host names to and from IP addresses must have the same characteristics as
the mapping of today's host names.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium