Re: Operational issues

At 17:26 00/01/15 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
> 2.4 Operational Issues
>
>      Zone files should remain easily editable.
> This is not a requirement: zone files are UI for administration. Some
> DNS systems don't rely on zone files. We should not start getting into
> admin UI here.
>
>      Character set of a signed zone file should be capable of being the
>      same as the character set of the unsigned zone file.
> Ditto.

I think just throwing these requirements out is a bad idea.

Zone files or not, I think it is important that administration
does not become a lot more complicated for iDNS than for DNS.

So I suggest keeping a general requirement about administration,
and use the zone files as examples.

Also, even if not everybody uses zone files, if they are in wide
use, somebody/some doc should actually propose how to extend
i18n to them, because a nice protocol with hopelessly fragmented
implementation/administration is not desirable.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org