Mixing of characters

At 13:36 08.01.00 +0800, James Seng wrote:

>I think I18N Domain Names must allow mix language characters,
>even across different character set.
while this is not strictly a technical issue, I see difficulty with getting
ICANN to accept the insertion of numerous non-ASCII domains in the root
nameservers at the same time as there is a very restrictive policy for
inserting ASCII domains.

This means that if the DNS we want to internationalize is the same as the
normal DNS, it's a requirement that internationalization can occur under
the ASCII top-levlel domain labels.

                  Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no