Re: My prod at IDN requirements

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> I haven't, so you know more than me :-)
> for my edification, could you please state the names/numbers of the glyphs
> that should be folded in Japanese and not in Chinese?

there are 2145 traditional chinese characters which can be mapped to
simplified, ignoring those 1:N mapping which is context sensitive in the CJK
unification area.

Not too sure about Japanese tho since i dont do folding in japanese before (as
there is no need). But since I know at least a couple chinese traditional
glyphs which map to simplified glyphs which dont make sense in Japanese,
folding in CJK is definately a big problem.

Life would be a bit easiler if C,J,K are allocated different codespace. We
still left with context sensitive 1:N mapping. But at least we are not any
worst off then case folding in European languages.

-James Seng